Sunday, October 9, 2011

workshop model?


Writer’s workshop…I continue to try and use writer’s workshop in my classroom.  I have the format down, my students love the time for writing BUT (and yes that’s a big BUT) it doesn’t seem to flow smoothly for me.  I have a hard time planning where to go with mini-lessons, how to stay connected to all students with conferences and then there’s the publishing piece…YUCK!  I quickly get overwhelmed with all the expectations and respsonsiblitlies that come with writer’s workshop and flounder while my students continue to love to write. 
SO….HELP!  how do I manage where to go next as teaching points?
            HELP how do I keep up on publishing and conferring?  So far….i’ve fallen apart in these areas and get frustrated easily which then seems to spoil the rest of the writing time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment